If you are in need of holiday food and toys for your children, NAM may be able to help.
The Emergency Basic Needs program at NAM is offering walk-in registration beginning September 6, 2017 for the Holiday Project registration. Registration hours are as follows:
9 to 11 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays
NAM, 15555 Kuykendahl Road
Houston, TX 77090
This program provides vouchers to qualifying clients for holiday food in November and December, and toy vouchers for families with children 12 and under.
To be eligible for the Holiday Project, clients must live in one of the following zip codes: 77014, 77032, 77032, 77050, 77060, 77064, 77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77073, 77086, 77090, 77379, 77388, 77389.
In addition, the following documents must be provided when you come to register:
- Photo identification for each adult in the household (18+ years of age)
- Proof of birth (birth certificate, birth facts or school records) for each child under 12
- Proof of address in one of the zip codes listed at right, that is dated 30 days prior to the date of application. This can be a lease agreement, electric bill, natural gas bill, telephone bill, award letter for SNAP, or school records.
- 2017 award letter for SNAP, SSI, RSDI, Medicaid, CHIP, WIC benefits, National School Lunch Program (free), Housing Choice Voucher Program Agreement OR
- Proof of gross household income for the past 30 days that is at or below 185% of the Federal poverty level income based on family size.
Vouchers will be issued only for qualified households that provide all required documents at the time of application for assistance. Registration will end on Friday, December 15, 2017, or when the goal of 1,000 families is reached.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the NAM Assistance Office at (281) 583-5600.