Monday, March 5, 2018Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM) will be accepting walk-in applications for the 2018 Back-to-School (BTS) Project beginning March 5, 2018, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. until the voucher quota is reached.
The program provides school supplies for eligible households with a child enrolled in kindergarten to 12th grade during the 2018-2019 school year.
To qualify for assistance, the household must meet the following criteria:
- Live in zip code 77014, 77032, 77038, 77050, 77060, 77064, 77066,77067, 77068, 77069, 77070, 77073, 77086, 77090, 77379, 77388, 77389, or attend Klein Independent School District (Proof of enrollment in a Klein ISD school is required if you do not reside in one of the zip codes listed).
- Provide the following documents at the time of application for assistance:
- Photo identification for all adult household members;
- Proof of birth for each student attending kindergarten to 12th grade (To attend kindergarten, the student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018);
- Proof of address that is dated 30 days prior to the date of application;
- 2017/2018 award letter for SNAP, SSI, RSDI, Medicaid, CHIP, WIC benefits, Housing Choice Voucher Program, National School Lunch Program (free only) OR proof of household income for the past 30 days that is at or below 185 % of the Federal poverty level.
A voucher for school supplies will be issued only for qualified households that provide all required documents at the time of application for assistance.